Tasks and responsibilities:
As a Technical Advisor you are responsible for supervising the execution of maintenance and repairs of rotating equipment (turbines, compressors, centrifuges, expanders, etc.) You will be:
- Leading, managing and motivating Junior - Senior Rotating Equipment engineers,
- Supervise projects according to descriptions and the planning,
- Draft reports and recommendations,
- Realising budgeted working hours,
- Planning projects and services,
- Organising and executing toolbox meetings, work place instructions and inspections,
- Inspecting existing procedures and regulations.
Place within the organisations:
The Technical Advisor will be in command of the Junior - Senior Rotating Equipment Engineers during the installations, repair and service activities of rotating equipment. On site you will be under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. Furthermore, you will be accountable to the internal organisation of Xenergy Services.
At all times the Technical Advisor will be responsible for the enforcement of safety regulations on site. You will take care of working clothes, shoes, and personal safety equipment, and take responsibility for the safe execution of all activities. You will inform about safety utilities and risks for humans, the environment, power sources, tools, machines and installations. When necessary you will adjust machines, installations or operations.
You will keep in close contact with the customer about the progress of the project, planning and in case of problems.
You will be in command of the Junior - Senior Rotating Equipment Engineers. You take responsibility for the safety and the results of the work.
The Technical Advisor has the authority to prioritise activities, correct the execution of work of Rotating Engineers, and in rare situations remove them from the working area. You will check machinery, materials and activities on HSE grounds, and when necessary, adjust or stop the activities. Further, you will take action when Rotating Equipment Engineers do not follow instructions.
Your working area is worldwide.
Training, education and growth possibilities:
When desirable your knowledge will be supported by additional courses and education. Through experience and training you could be promoted to Project Manager.
- Intermediate vocational education level
- A relevant degree in Engineering, for instance Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge on rotating equipment
- HSE certification (SCC)
- Good understanding (verbal and written) of Dutch, English and German
- The ability to write detailed inspection and maintenance reports
- The ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Customer directed
- Team player
- Good analytical skills
- Management skills
- Planning and organising
- Being able to express yourself well